The National Institute of Pension Administrators announced the 2012-13 officers and new board members.
Ralph DelSesto, APR, senior vice president of Distribution & Support Strategy, 401(k) and 403(b) markets for ING U.S. Retirement, was named president of NIPA’s board of directors effective July 1.
In his new role, DelSesto is responsible for driving the strategic initiatives of the organization and serving as the spokesperson for NIPA to the retirement plans industry.
As he assumes his year-long presidency, DelSesto plans to focus on helping NIPA achieve its main goal of providing expertise and tools for TPA business owners to help grow and develop their firms.
The other 2012-13 officers and new board members are:
- Kristine Creighton, APA, QKA, will serve as NIPA’s president-elect. Creighton is the owner of Pension Plan Services, Inc., an independent third-party administration firm providing plan design, documents, recordkeeping, and administration for employer retirement plans, specifically for the small business employer. Creighton is based out of West Des Moines, Iowa.
- Ann Slotwinski, APR, will serve as CFO. Slotwinski serves as assistant vice president of TPA Services for John Hancock Financial Services and has over 25 years of experience in the group insurance and pension industry, with a background in various functions for both U.S. and Canadian business. Slotwinski is based out of Boston.
- James B. Eberhardt, APA, president, Pension Services Corporation, will remain on the board of director’s as Immediate past president. In his current role, Eberhardt serves as president of Pension Services Corporation, where his primary expertise resides in qualified plan administration with knowledge in group medical insurance, key employee coverage, non-qualified deferred compensation and investment consulting. Eberhardt has more than 30 years in the retirement plan industry. He is based out of Pasadena, Calif.
- Patrick M. Shelton, GBA, is the managing member in Benefit Plans Plus, LLC and will serve on the executive committee for the 2012-2013 term. He has more than 20 years of retirement plan industry experience and is responsible for executing the firm’s business plan and overall business development. He specializes in financial advisor relations, including 401(k) sales prospecting presentations, vendor searches and fiduciary consulting. Shelton is based out of St. Louis.
- Michael B. Stuber, QPA, ERPA, joins the board and will serve a three-year term. Stuber is director of Pension Operations at Primark Benefits and has more than 25 years of experience in qualified pension plan consultation. Stuber provides complete administration, compliance and consulting services for all types of employee benefit plans. He is based in Burlingame, Calif.