- Gym membership fees and group exercise classes;
- Personal training;
- Fitness equipment purchases;
- Weight management and nutrition counseling services.
The program will begin Jan. 1 and is currently being offered to Aetna’s employer customers in National Accounts, Middle Markets and Public & Labor. Members will only be eligible for the program if their employer chooses to implement the Aetna Fitness Reimbursement Program.
Employers also have some flexibility to customize parts of the program to fit their overall wellness strategy. For example, employers can select:
- The annual reimbursement amount for their employees;
- To make their employees’ spouses and dependents (age 16 and older) eligible for the program; and
- To offer the program to employees who may not be enrolled in an Aetna benefits plan.
Administrative tasks associated with reimbursing participants will be handled by GlobalFit, a provider of physical activity programs for businesses around the world and which jointly designed the program with Aetna.