Our 100 sales and marketing tips list this year is broken down into 10 important categories. We've already covered social media, old school, new school, inspirational tips, planning for tomorrow, getting back to basics and education. This list focuses on self-help.
71. Take a vacation. You need it to recharge.
72. Love what you do.
73. And, if you don't love what you do, get out of the business.
74. Value your time. “If someone cancels or asks to reschedule on me three times, I won't meet with them. They could be the biggest rock star in the world, but not only were they disrespectful of my time, I lost out on time I could have been meeting with a prospective client or making money.” —Susan Combs, president of Combs & Company; New York City
75. Take time at the beginning of your day to plan what you’d like to accomplish for the next 8 hours at work. It will help you prioritize.
76. Don't always take phone calls. Carve out a specific time for it; otherwise it might disrupt your whole day.
77. Find out where you’re vulnerable in your sales pitch and your offerings. And address it.
78. Read a book (and it doesn't even have to be about the industry or sales). It will do you good.
79. Don't be afraid to experiment with your sales pitch.
80. Remember that work/life balance applies to you, too.
- Best sales and marketing tips: Social media
- Best sales and marketing tips: Old school
- Best sales and marketing tips: New school
- Best sales and marketing tips: Inspirational
- Best sales and marketing tips: Plan for tomorrow
- Best sales and marketing tips: Back to basics
- Best sales and marketing tips: Educational