A whopping 70 percent of U.S. workers say they are not engaged or actively disengaged with their work.
By Gina Binole|June 25, 2013 at 09:51 AM
Thank you for sharing!
Your article was successfully shared with the contacts you provided.
A whopping 70 percent of U.S. workers say they are “not engaged” or “actively disengaged” with their work, according to Gallup’s recently released annual State of the American Workplace study on employee engagement. That leaves just 30 percent of the workforce who claim their job inspires them enough to engage.
What’s worse is Gallup’s estimates that those actively disengaged workers cost the country between $450 billion to $550 billion each year in lost productivity. They are more likely to steal from the organization, negatively influence co-workers, call in sick and drive customers away.
Complete your profile to continue reading and get FREE access to BenefitsPRO.com, part of your ALM digital membership.
Your access to unlimited BenefitsPRO.com content isn’t changing. Once you are an ALM digital member, you’ll receive:
Critical BenefitsPRO.com information including cutting edge post-reform success strategies, access to educational webcasts and videos, resources from industry leaders, and informative Newsletters.
Exclusive discounts on ALM, BenefitsPRO magazine and BenefitsPRO.com events.
Access to other award-winning ALM websites including ThinkAdvisor.com and Law.com
It’s no secret that health benefits have struggled to keep up with workforce expectations during the Great Resignation. Remaining competitive means employers must streamline their health benefits, put employees first and deliver on brand values. Download this guide to help your clients gain an edge in 2022 with their health benefits.
Amid mass resignations and record-high job openings, employees are now firmly in the driver’s seat when it comes to where and how they work. So, how are you going to stand out in this highly competitive market? This guide outlines a forward-thinking health benefits strategy that will ensure your company remains competitive in 2022 and beyond.
Millennials and Gen Z value tobacco and nicotine cessation more than ever before, but quit programs must adapt to their evolving needs. New research indicates successful quit programs have three key facets. Download this interactive ebook to learn how to set your company apart with an effective quit services benefit.